Learning challenge: Sleep

I chose to learn about sleep again, as this is the most interesting to me. The beginning of the article really caught my attention with the anecdotal story a college student on study abroad had given. I never thought that not sleeping could cause so much harm to a person's health. I have gone 48 hours without sleeping while coming back home from a long camping/road trip and I started to hallucinate on the road. I had to stop and sleep a little at a gas station before continuing, because I was not trying to crash. I am good at staying awake while driving, but I did not want to risk hallucinating something and accidentally crashing. After reading this article I will probably not do this again, cause I place my health above anything else in my life.

Comments

  1. I have somewhat recently experienced driving when tired. I was driving from Dallas back to Norman and I had only had one hour of sleep. I found myself dozing off, but I continued. I should have pulled over as you had, but I had to make it back to campus for my tutoring job. Sleep really is so important and college students are generally people who need more of it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction into a Regular Joe's Life

Mountain's are my favorite place